WPL Publishing, Rockville, MD
2009 - Present
Vice President, Director of Marketing
Organization specializing in electronic educational information content, products, publications and events targeting construction law, technology and green building professionals. Collaborate with CEO to define and develop strategic business and marketing objectives.
- Orchestrate aggressive campaign strategy: Implement and direct all promotional activities, media integration, list prospecting and analysis. Write, edit complex legal and technical messaging tailored to changing business trends. Integrated online and partner-driven channels resulting substantial increased profits 2010.
- Expanded business from start-up to established company, 2009-2010. Charged with operations, hiring/mentoring and training, policy formulation and goal setting. Influential communicator maintaining positive relations with high-performance team members and vendors.
- Develop revenue-generating web projects. Define mission, sales message and layout. Build “user centered” sites utilizing multiple platforms. Apply SEM, SMO techniques (XML Sitemap, PRWeb, GoogleAdwords and RSS feeds, html/CSS code. Administer content, applications, advertising, and social media tools for SEO. Released 200 sites/landing pages.
- Establish and expand digital content products by examining industry trends and ROI. Successfully released GreenBuildingInsider.com from membership site of 3,000 to paid product. Expanded efforts into LEED certification as part of a partnership with Green Building Services. Produced online seminars and products worth $550K revenue.
- Profitably produce interactive training events. Responsible for planning, promoting and executing 75-100 webinars/year. Partner with business development to finalize speaker requirements, interactive copy, design, logistics and marketing strategy.
- Direct electronic messaging communication efforts. Oversee copy, design/layout, linking strategy, list selection and analytics. Maximized conversion rates 50% creating and deploying 200+ unique time-sensitive messages.
- Supervise e-commerce initiatives managing Intuit Homestead catalog updates, (92+ pages), linked to multiple sites and promotions. Integrate SEO tools, cross-selling opportunities, and multiple channel integration accumulating $800K in product sales.
- Conduct in-depth customer research and analysis examining list/campaign response, web analytics, technical and GeoLocation metrics, customer purchasing habits, real-time survey (67/year) and industry trends. Increased conversion rates 20%, redirecting editorial focus and product features.
Elsevier Business Intelligence, Rockville, MD
Feb 2007 – Mar 2009
Marketing Communications Director
Multi-million dollar pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device news and business resources (online and print), conferences and webinars. Oversaw integrated marketing processes as part of web 2.0 transition and alignment with Windhover Information.
- Led development and implementation of national and international marketing initiatives: Produced 92 campaigns, 20 new formats delivering 50% revenue growth in first year. Created and cultivated new prospect database accruing 700K leads for direct marketing, 900K for electronic transmission.
- Bottom-line responsibility for budget management, fiscal year planning Generated yearly company-wide marketing plan incorporating newly merged Windhover financials. Assigned and forecasted revenue projections taking on 10 additional products, 15 conferences and 25 webinars.
- Interviewed, trained, coached team members at 3 national offices. Constructed online sharing system of best practices, procedures. Implemented project management goals for cross-functional team instituting “creative briefs” streamlining 100+ ongoing promotional projects. Increased process efficiencies 40%.
- Created and maintained web-based products consisting of 6 online newsletters and associated blogs for conversion optimization. Generated integrated multi-media campaigns for international product, PharmAsiaNews.com. Pulled, delivered then segmented test formats and prospect lists securing $90K at launch.
- Instituted electronic lead generation, expansion: Oversaw e-promotions, online banner and text ads linked to free trials, content, premiums, white papers and discounted offers. Increased reach incorporating PRWeb, SmartBrief and FierceBiotech. Maintained positive ROI converting trialers to buyers: $200K revenue/$9K costs.
- Wrote scientific promotional copy on regulatory issues surrounding FDA, biotech, pharma and medical device industries. Incorporated industry and regulatory challenges with sales messaging, organization mission and product features. Excellent writing skills translating complex text into convincing campaigns understandable by diverse audiences.
United Communications Group, Gaithersburg, MD
Oct 2003 – Feb 2007
Senior Marketing Manager
Company with portfolio of more than 50 products and services for business, regulatory and healthcare providers with more than two million clients worldwide. Identified and analyzed opportunities for product development with accompanied promotions with focus on revenue growth.
- Product and campaign management: Oversaw intricate promotions for more than 20 products: direct mail, electronic, telemarketing, advertising and affinity partnerships. Responsible for evaluating product performance: testing, needs assessment, P&L, LTV, demographic, competitive, trends and SWOT analysis. Successfully released new products exceeding product profit contribution goals 20%.
- Conducted full-cycle budget planning and forecasting, applied strategic analysis, objectives and pricing for all products. Provided additional quantitative input to product roll-up outlining units and revenue for monthly and long term revenue goals. Monitored conversion rates. Proven track record meeting or exceeding sales targets while maintaining budgetary goals.
- Headed online task force for development of digital e-zines, news alerts, banners, html conference and webinar campaigns. Structured testing, processes workflow, best practices and template development. Applied attribution tools, WebTrends and Zoomerang for measurement.
- Produced electronic forced-free trial program. Deployed time-sensitive campaigns embedding “tough accreditation survey challenges” teaser with “solutions” linked to complimentary issues and landing pages. Generated continuation invoicing, monitored prospect list response achieving npr of 1.15.
- Implemented multi-media strategy for Google-powered SearchJCAHO.com with “lightning-quick survey preparation" theme integrating virtual events, content, JCAHOWatch listserve (5,000 members) and ezines. Oversaw aggressive electronic, telemarketing, advertising and direct mail campaign of 75K. Worked closely with site license team for facility pricing.
- Wrote complex regulatory content on hospital accreditation incorporating product "problem solving" benefits, mission and branding. Worked closely with senior journalists transforming complicated regulatory updates into comprehensive messaging.
PRIMEDIA, Gaithersburg, MD
Sept 2001 – Aug 2003
New Business Marketing Manager
Fortune 500 company known for targeted consumer media with more than 280 publications. Responsible for marketing and business development of equine enthusiast products.
- Administered multiple-panel testing with 4-5 formats, quarterly mailings of more than 700K prospects. Developed, formulated complex response data and design: control, price points, format, teaser, segmented lists and anticipated/net profit margins.
- Strengthened partnerships with key fortune 500 companies, associations and retail to expand penetration by channeling advertising, leads, conference exposure, package inserts and card deck placement.
- Conducted online demographic research, modeling. Assessed subscribers of PRIMEDIA's 70 publications targeting and testing buyers of multiple products. Successfully qualified and penetrated new Canadian market.
- Executed ground-breaking tactics for cross-promotional activities: Advertising (print and online), cover wraps, bind-in cards and list usage across multiple channels. Increased cash pay-up by 10% restructuring and overlapping holiday, donor and renewal programs.
- Formulated and analyzed web-based CRM fulfillment statistics calculated by Palm Coast Data systems. Targeted new prospects and future campaigns based on cash pay-up, list performance and testing metrics. Authoritative source for revenue statistics by presenting ongoing results to management.
Computer: MS - NT/2000/XP/Office 2000/2003/2007
Software: Adobe Creative Suite 4: PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator Acrobat Reader & Exchange, InDesign
Documents, Records: Crystal Reports (Successfully completed course 126 2007, Learning Tree International, Rockville)
Web: Dreamweaver, SUBHUB, TypePad, Homestead Intuit, Fonality, SugarSync, Hostito
Social Networking: Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook
E-mail: Magnet Mail, Exact Target,
Metrics: Advantage, MultiPub 2.0, VISTA, ARGI, Google analytics, GoogleAdWords, Webtrends,
SurveyMonkey, ADMARC, Zoomerang
Programming Languages: HTML, CSS
Specialized Information Publishers Association (SIPA) Member 2007 - present
Panel Speaker: 42 Best Ideas in E-mail and Web Marketing, June 2008
County College of Morris, Randolph NJ